Sharing the light
The Company was incorporated under the name THE CALCUTTA ELECTRIC SUPPLY CORPORATION (INDIA) LIMITED ON 28 March 1978, to take over the business of The Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation Limited, a company incorporated in England which had established Indias first generating station in Kolkata in 1899. The name was changed to CESC Limited on 1 January 1987.
The Company's Shares are listed on the CSE, BSE and NSE and the Company's existing GDRs are listed on the EuroMTF of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange. Certain of the Company's outstanding existing shares are listed on the LSE.